Who’s afraid of a little heat? August is your last chance to live a summer story worth telling! What haven’t you done yet? While that summertime feeling is still in the air, take advantage of adventure! For each idea, we also added a suggestions of local flavor for our yinzer angels.
- Bike to a swimming hole and jump in wearing nothing but your skivvies! Where’s the closest swimming hole, you ask? We gotchu.
- In the city of Three Rivers, there is no shortage of watering holes. Here’s a curated list to dip your toes into.
- Speaking of biking, the next Underwear Bike Ride in Pittsburgh is happening August 31st on the corner of 46th and Butler in Lawrenceville! All shapes, colors, costumes, and body parts welcome! This ride will end at James St Gastro Pub in the Northside. AND cyclists who stop by Calligramme before 7pm on the 31st will get 20% off your purchase! We’re only 8 blocks away from the start, so bike on down and be the sexiest rider out there!
- Sweat it out on the dance floor! Take a night out with your ride-or-dies a or ride solo! See if you can’t out-sexy yourself. The sidewalk is your personal runway! Fashion a sheer tunic over a lacey set for that Kate Moss boudoir chic appeal. Or toss on a pair of high-waisted jeans over a sexy, comfy bodysuit. You’ll be dancing too hard to remember you even put clothes on!
Here’s a list of upcoming Pittsburgh opportunities to steam up the dancefloor:
- The All Black Party @ Hot Mass - August 11th (link here)
- Slappers ‘n Bangers @ Brillobox - August 26th (link here)
- Summer Recess @ Spirit - August 12th: this is basically a Lawrenceville lovefest. From 12pm all the way into the night on Saturday, Recess-goers will have the opportunity to shop local vendors (including Calligramme!), sample eats from the best the 412 has to offer, and skate and dance the night away to dope local sounds. Stop by our booth from noon-9pm and take a picture with us wearing your favorite Calligramme threads!
- Give a whole new meaning to the term “glamping”! Slip into an airy nightie, throw a sleeping bag down, and dream under soft, silky night skies. Fall tends to bring the chaos back into everyone’s lives. So steal away from civilization while it’s still summertime and cozy up to the serenity of nature.
- If you’re in PA, DC, VA, or MD, check out The Honcho Summer Campout @ Four Quarters Farm - August 17th-22nd (get more info and buy tix here) Who doesn’t have “party for five days straight in the luscious plains of central PA” on their bucket list? Honcho guarantees a good frolicking time with countless artists to help you do everything but sleep. Come queer, come all, it’s going to be pandemonium fit for a Michel Gondry dreamscape!
- “Citipark and Chill?” Check out the list of free movies you can still catch! If you make it to any movies at Flagstaff Hill, be sure to get there early to see Pittsburgh’s most talented musicians put on a free show! To see a list of the various locations and remaining August movie showings, visit Citiparks’ website.
Got another idea for sexy fun in the sun? Let us know! Leave us a comment below. Or share a picture of you daring to be beautiful in this glorious summer heat!